The Plastic Export Promotion Council (popularly known as PLEXCONCIL) was established by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, in 1995. The council works towards promoting and increasing the export of plastic products from India1.
Objective of Plastic Export Promotion Council (PLEXCONCIL)
The objective behind launching Plastic Export Promotion Council (PLEXCONCIL) was to bring a change in the economic position of the industry in India, by projecting the country as a reliable supplier of high-quality products. It is a department and an apex body of the plastics industry in India, representing over 2,500 exporters, who manufacture, trade and deal in plastics products2.
Roles and functions of PLEXCONCIL
• PLEXCONCIL is engaged in promoting India as a major sourcing hub for quality plastic products and endeavours to open new avenues across the globe
• It strives to achieve export excellence by creating awareness among the plastic export fraternity about various government trade development schemes, providing export potential statistics and international market intelligence.
• It leads delegations to trade fairs in India and abroad and organises buyer seller meets.
• PLEXCONCIL represents manufacturers and exporters of a wide spectrum of plastic goods from raw materials to semi-finished and finished items3.
What are the products under PLEXCONCIL?
PLEXCONCIL represents manufacturers and exporters of a wide spectrum of plastic items like4:
• Raw materials & semi-finished items
• Plastic sheets
• Optical items
• Packaging items
• Medical disposables
Countries that import PLEXCONCIL products
Italy, Germany, United Kingdom, Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya are some of the top countries that import plastic products.
Benefits of registering with PLEXCONCIL
Exporters get a few benefits after registering with PLEXCONCIL like:
1. Types of discounts in fees at international trade fairs and exhibitions.
2. Eligible for export awards for outstanding export performance.
3. Assistance on export financing with various institutions and banks.
4. Networking with importers and customers interested in the plastic industry.
5. Listing in PLEXCONCIL member’s directory.
Documents required for PLEXCONCIL membership
Some of the documents required for PLEXCONCIL membership are4:
1. Name and address of the office or business of all the partners, directors, proprietor, along with residential addresses.
2. Acknowledgement received from higher authorities, confirming actual date of commencement of commercial production of the business.
3. In case of private/public limited company, a copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
4. A copy of the partnership deed, in case of a partnership company.
5. A copy of Import Export Code certificate.
6. A copy of business PAN number.
7. In case of manufacturer or exporter, a certified true copy of the registration certificate issued by the sponsoring authorities viz. Director of Industries/Secretariat, in case of Industrial approvals.
Step-by-step procedure to register with PLEXCONCIL
Below are the steps to register with PLEXCONCIL:
On the website of PLEXCONCIL, click on new membership.
Register yourself by providing your Import Export Code (IEC)
details, PAN details, and company details.
Fill in the membership application form by providing company name, address, GST number, turnover details and website details (if applicable).
Select the product category type and corresponding HS code.
Upload the required documents and pay the membership fee.
Amazon Global Selling: Easy export of plastic products from India
Amazon Global Selling
is an e-commerce exports program that helps you to take your products from India to the global markets. Whether you are a manufacturer, reseller or an emerging brand, you can easily sell your plastic products on Amazon globally.
With its increasing customer base of 300 million+ and seamless registration, Amazon Global Selling enables businesses of all sizes to export Ayurvedic products from India across the world via international marketplaces
like USA, UAE, UK, Japan and more. Plastic products export from India can be done in a seamless and hassle-free manner with Amazon’s logistics and tools.
Published on September 19, 2022.
Disclaimer: Whilst Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon") has used reasonable endeavours in compiling the information provided, Amazon provides no assurance as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness or that such information is error-free. In certain cases, the blog is provided by a third-party seller and is made available on an "as-is" basis. Amazon hereby disclaims any and all liability and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for consequences resulting from use of such information. Information provided may be changed or updated at any time, without any prior notice. You agree to use the information, at your own risk and expressly waive any and all claims, rights of action and/or remedies (under law or otherwise) that you may have against Amazon arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. Any copying, redistribution or republication of the information, or any portion thereof, without prior written consent of Amazon is strictly prohibited.
*Map not to scale. The map has been used for design and representational purpose only, it does not depict the geographical boundaries of the country. These do not conform to the external boundaries of India recognized by the Survey of India.