Established in 1956, the Jute Products Development and Export Promotion Council (JPDEPC) is an industry-led group that was founded to promote jute product exports from India. It works with the government and jute exporters to improve trade in the industry. For any seller interested in exporting jute products from India, it is necessary to be a member of this export promotion council
. It aims to facilitate international commerce under the National Export Policy by coordinating activities of exporter members under the supervision of the National Jute Board (NJB)1
Role of JPDEPC
The role of council is to:
• Organize product-specific and target group-specific seminars, trade fairs, workshops and buyer-seller meets in India and abroad to enable interaction between suppliers and buyers.
• Analyze buyer and seller markets for jute products and avenues where Indian jute can be distributed across diverse markets, allowing the Government of India and respective stakeholders to develop their export strategy and marketing plan.
• Act as a registering authority to issue Registration-Cum-Membership Certificates (RCMC) to exporters of jute and jute products following the Directorate General of Foreign Trade’s (DGFT) notice in May, 2011.
• Works to expand its range of operations to meet requirements of both current and aspiring businesses to enable them to contribute to export baskets of jute products.
Advantages of Jute Products Development and Export Promotion Council
The Jute Products Development and Export Promotion Council offers many benefits to its members that can help their businesses in the international market. Some of these benefits are:
Market development assistance
The jute export promotion council assists its members in market growth through a variety of schemes. JPDEPC provides initiatives such as scholarships and incentive schemes
supported by the National Jute Board.
Members of JPDEPC get trade inquiries through email. This allows them to build their network and business across the world. These leads are especially important to new exporters who have recently joined JPDEPC.
Trade shows and exhibitions
The jute export promotion council conducts trade events for its members to display their products and services to a large audience. These exhibitions assist exporters gain visibility for their businesses and foster growth in the jute sector. International trade
exhibitions also assist exporters in obtaining export leads.
The council assists members with their VISA application process. The JPDEPC provides recommendation letters in the exporter’s name, making it easier for them to secure a VISA. A VISA recommendation is an important feature since there are instances where an exporter might need to make an urgent overseas journey to visit a customer and close an agreement. In such circumstances, if the VISA procedure takes a long time or there are certain obstacles in the way, a suggestion from JPDEPC works effectively.
Taxation and financial assistance
The jute promotion council assists its members with taxation and filing of export returns. With JPDEPC’s assistance, exporters can also avail business loans if they want monetary credit for their export transactions. The council recommends exporters to banks, which expedites the process and allows them to obtain loans at a reduced interest rate.
Schemes under JPDEPC
Some of the schemes under the council are2:
• MAI (Market Access Initiative Scheme) 2021
• CSAPM (Capital Subsidy for Acquisition of Plants and Machinery) Scheme for JDPS (Jute Diversified Products)
• PLIS (Production Linked Incentive Support) Scheme for JDPS (Jute Diversified Products)
• EMPA (Export Market Promotion Activities) Scheme
• Scholarship Scheme for Children (Girl) of MSME-JDP Units Workers
• NHDP (National Handicrafts Development Programme) Scheme
• MSME Schemes
• Policies for Repayment of Airfare to Participants in MAI-Approved Events Abroad
How to register with JPDEPC?
To join the Jute Products Development and Export Promotion Council, follow the below-mentioned steps3:
1. Go to the official website of JPDEPC.
2. Go to the ‘Members’ drop-down and click on ‘Member Application form’ in the menu bar.
3. Get appropriate information about the membership fees that need to be paid for the application.
4. Scroll down and download the membership form from the links provided at the bottom of the page.
5. Fill in the form and include a printout of your payment receipt.
Once the submission is confirmed, the council will verify and approve your membership.
With the growing demand for Indian products, including jute, globally, sellers are opting for simple exporting processes through e-commerce. This enables them to sell on international e-commerce marketplaces like Amazon USA, UK, Singapore and more – allowing them to reach millions of customers without setting up a warehouse or physical store abroad.
Easy e-commerce exports with Amazon
If you are a jute product exporter or manufacturer, Amazon Global Selling
supports you to reach international markets
through e-commerce. Register by providing your business information and list your products you wish to sell internationally
, America, the Middle East
, and Asia-Pacific
. Utilize Amazon’s state-of-the-art tools for your listings across multiple Amazon global marketplaces. Once listed, you will be able to sell your products globally on Amazon.
Published on November 29, 2022.
Disclaimer: Whilst Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon") has used reasonable endeavours in compiling the information provided, Amazon provides no assurance as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness or that such information is error-free. In certain cases, the blog is provided by a third-party seller and is made available on an "as-is" basis. Amazon hereby disclaims any and all liability and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for consequences resulting from use of such information. Information provided may be changed or updated at any time, without any prior notice. You agree to use the information, at your own risk and expressly waive any and all claims, rights of action and/or remedies (under law or otherwise) that you may have against Amazon arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. Any copying, redistribution or republication of the information, or any portion thereof, without prior written consent of Amazon is strictly prohibited.
*Map not to scale. The map has been used for design and representational purpose only, it does not depict the geographical boundaries of the country. These do not conform to the external boundaries of India recognized by the Survey of India.