Agricultural products and processed foods are an essential part of people’s daily lives across the world. The demand for this has been growing and to maintain abundant supply, it was necessary to have a governing authority. The Government of India had formed the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA). It replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC).
What are the objectives of APEDA?
The core objective of the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority is to promote the export of scheduled products and strategizing the necessary functions under the government regulation. The export council devises strategies to promote exports of agricultural products and strengthen the export ecosystem by offering financial and strategic assistance in conducting feasibility studies and surveys. It also participates in financially strengthening businesses through reliefs, joint ventures and subsidy schemes.
What are the roles and functions of APEDA?
Some of the key functions of APEDA are:
• Empower agriculture-related industries and provide strategic and financial assistance to undertake surveys and studies
• Register and onboard individuals as scheduled products exporters
• Improve the standards and specifications for export of related products
• Inspect processing plants, slaughterhouses, conveyances, storage facilities and other related establishments to ensure high quality standards of procurement, raw material processing, manufacturing, handling, storage and packaging
• Strengthen marketing for these products
• Initiate surveys and studies to collect insights and statistics from establishments and factory owners involved in production, packaging, marketing and shipping
• Guide critical groups and individuals to ensure high quality standards
What are the list of products under APEDA?
Some of the products under APEDA are:
• Dairy products like milk, cheese, cottage cheese, etc
• Meat and meat products
• Poultry and poultry products like chicken and eggs
• Fruits, vegetables and related products
• Cereal and cereal products
• Sugar, honey and jaggery
• Biscuits and bakery products and confectionery
• Cocoa-based products and chocolates
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• Groundnuts, peanuts, walnuts and dry fruits
• Pickles, papad and chutneys
• De-oiled rice bran
• Herbal and medicinal plants
What are the documents required for registration?
Some of the documents required for registration are:
• Duly signed application form
• FSSAI license
• Copy of IEC
issued by DGFT
• Statement of bank account of the business
• Bank certificate signed by authorities
• Cancelled cheque
How to register with APEDA?
Applicants must submit the application form within one month from their business incorporation date. As a part of the membership, APEDA issues a Registration-Cum- Membership-Certificate (RCMC) once the application is duly filed and fees are paid. Below is the step-by-step registration process:
Visit the APEDA official website to register.
Click on ‘Register as Member’.
Enter the necessary details such as Import-Export Code, contact details, etc. Click on submit.
You will receive an OTP on your registered email address and mobile number to confirm the entered details. Click on submit to continue.
Once done with verification, you must complete the online application by entering appropriate information and uploading essential documents.
Pay the required registration fees through any of the suggested payment modes.
After successful payment, an application number is generated. Save this for future references.
After the issuance of RCMC, you will receive login credentials on your registered email address. You can log in to your account by clicking on the exporter login option.
You can view the RCMC application status by clicking on track application option.
You can obtain RCMC by clicking on view RCMC certificate under the RCMC menu.
Benefits of APEDA
Some of the benefits of APEDA are:
• Permit to export agricultural and processed food overseas
• Subsidies to establish and improve infrastructure and enhance existing business operations
• Latest updates and trends in the industry and trade fairs
• Training programs and workshops for skill and business development
Easy e-commerce exports with Amazon
With the growing demand for Indian agriculture and food products in international marketplaces, exporters and Indian sellers are keen to expand their businesses to the world. Amazon Global Selling
is an ecommerce exports program that enables coffee exporters and MSMEs to start and grow their export business in 200+ countries and territories. The exporter can simply register with Amazon Global Selling program in four simple steps and reach millions of customers shopping for Made in India products on Amazon international marketplaces
Published on August 24, 2022.