Indian textile and apparel are famous world-over for its intricate design and quality material. The Government of India established many export promotion councils to promote the export of different kinds of textile from India. The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council (SRTEPC) was established by the Government of India, Ministry of Textiles in 19541.
What are the objective of Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council (SRTEPC)?
The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council (SRTEPC) was set up with the objective of extending assistance to Indian exporters of synthetic and rayon textiles. The council has played a transforming role over the years in promoting exports of synthetic fibres and textiles.
What are the roles and functions of SRTEPC?
Following are some of the functions of SRTEPC:
• Provides up-to-date information and identifies markets for Indian exporters
• Undertakes export promotion program through participation in various trade fairs, exhibitions, organizing buyer-seller meets in various target markets
• Provides market entry services by sponsoring delegations and sales teams to overseas markets
• Conducts market studies and surveys and keeps exporters updated on market information, trade opportunities etc
• Maintains good relationship with various government authorities to convey industry requirements and to ensure appropriate policy framework for Indian textile industry
• Conducts marketing to promote India as a reliable supplier to build a goodwill for the industry and exporters
• Assists exporters in understanding export policies and procedures
• Creates and maintains useful data banks of overseas buyers and organizers and one-to-one business meetings and negotiations for exporters with importers
• Provides information on trends for product development and adaptation to suit overseas market requirements
• Recognizes outstanding export performance and facilitates free display of samples at various trade centres
What products fall under SRTEPC?
Some of the products that fall under SRTEPC are manmade fibres, blended textile items including fibre, yarn, fabrics, made-ups, accessories, home textiles, scarves, shawls, technical textiles etc.
What are the documents required for SRTEPC membership?
Registration can be completed and obtained after submitting the below mentioned documents:
1. Digital Signature Certificate
2. Import-Export Code (IEC) certificate
3. Certificate from a Chartered Accountant certifying the export turnover figure during the year before the preceding year
4. Details of partners or directors with residential address and identity proof
5. Registration certificate of MSME
6. Membership fee slip
7. A cancelled cheque
Benefits of SRTEPC
Some of the key benefits of SRTEPC are:
Earn foreign exchange
Due to the liberty in trade barriers, increased import bills and rising global competition, every country wants to mark its recognition in the global markets. Whenever there is a rise in exports, there will be a surge or hike in foreign exchange of a country.
Motivation to organizations to export
The council updates exporters regularly about the latest trends, export opportunities in international markets, thus encouraging export and achieving a competitive pricing for their products. They also help reduce tax burden on exporters.
Assistance in policy making
It collects data through surveys on exports, regarding their specific product categories and provides the data to the government to enhance the framework of trade policies.
Support in incentive schemes
The council supports exporters in reaping benefits from incentive schemes announced in Foreign Trade Policy and help exporters meet different buyers and sellers at various meets.
Amazon Global Selling: Easy exports of synthetic and rayon textiles from India
With the growing demand for Indian textile products
, sellers from across the country are keen to export from India. In order to expand your market and product, Amazon has come up with a unique program, called Amazon Global Selling
. It is a great platform to set your export business in the international market and earn global customers.
Published on August 30, 2022.
Disclaimer: Whilst Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon") has used reasonable endeavours in compiling the information provided, Amazon provides no assurance as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness or that such information is error-free. In certain cases, the blog is provided by a third-party seller and is made available on an "as-is" basis. Amazon hereby disclaims any and all liability and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for consequences resulting from use of such information. Information provided may be changed or updated at any time, without any prior notice. You agree to use the information, at your own risk and expressly waive any and all claims, rights of action and/or remedies (under law or otherwise) that you may have against Amazon arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. Any copying, redistribution or republication of the information, or any portion thereof, without prior written consent of Amazon is strictly prohibited.
*Map not to scale. The map has been used for design and representational purpose only, it does not depict the geographical boundaries of the country. These do not conform to the external boundaries of India recognized by the Survey of India.