With over 3,000 businesses registered across India, the Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council, also known as TEXPROCIL, is the international face of India’s cotton textile industry. With an aim to enable and empower textile export, TEXPROCIL was established in 1954 as an autonomous, non-profit entity. Identifying the growing demand from international markets, the council works towards encouraging local sellers and manufacturers to scale their businesses globally and take their cotton textile products to the world.
Roles and functions of TEXPROCIL
• Organize fairs, buyer-seller meets and overseas trade delegations
• Provide information to international customers about Indian export businesses
• Conduct market surveys and provide information on industry trends
• Identify potential new marketplaces and promote exports
• Collaborate and work with the Government of India on export promotion policies and schemes
• Create awareness among members on various procedures and policies of the government
• Encourage members to reach out to international customers through various export promotion activities1
Export products promoted under TEXPROCIL
o Raw cotton
o Cotton yarns and blended yarns
o Woven and knitted fabrics
o Home textiles (Bed linen, kitchen linen, bath towels, etc.)
o Technical textiles (Protective, medical and geo textiles)2
Documents required for TEXPROCIL membership
3. GST number
4. Chartered Accountant (CA) certificate for export turnover
5. M & AOA (Memorandum and Articles of Association)
Step-by-step procedure to register with TEXPROCIL
Here’s how you can register with TEXPROCIL:
1. Visit the official website of Texprocil and click on the membership menu.
2. Click on Membership login. The membership management program screen will appear. Now, click on enter now.
3. Click on new member if you haven’t registered yet. If you have already registered, you can click on the option of registered member.
4. Fill the required details like business name and IEC number.
6. Attach the above-mentioned documents as required. Take a print of the filled form.
7. The signed application form, along with self-attested hard copies of the uploaded documents and payment receipt, need to be sent to the head office of Texprocil in Mumbai.
8. Once the documents are verified, you will receive the approval of membership on your registered email address3.
Once you’ve received Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC), you can export from India easily with ecommerce.
Easy textile exports from India with Amazon
Exporting textile products from India to the world has become simple and easy with ecommerce exports programs
. Amazon Global Selling is one such ecommerce exports program that enables exporters to sell internationally in 18+ international marketplaces
without setting up a physical store or warehouse abroad. With Global Selling, you can export from your manufacturing unit or office and reach millions of international customer shopping on Amazon USA, UK, Australia, UAE, Singapore, Canada and more. To assist you in international shipping, Amazon provides fulfillment (Amazon FBA) and other logistic services.
Published on April 4, 2022.
Disclaimer: Whilst Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon") has used reasonable endeavours in compiling the information provided, Amazon provides no assurance as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness or that such information is error-free. In certain cases, the blog is provided by a third-party seller and is made available on an "as-is" basis. Amazon hereby disclaims any and all liability and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for consequences resulting from use of such information. Information provided may be changed or updated at any time, without any prior notice. You agree to use the information, at your own risk and expressly waive any and all claims, rights of action and/or remedies (under law or otherwise) that you may have against Amazon arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. Any copying, redistribution or republication of the information, or any portion thereof, without prior written consent of Amazon is strictly prohibited.
*Map not to scale. The map has been used for design and representational purpose only, it does not depict the geographical boundaries of the country. These do not conform to the external boundaries of India recognized by the Survey of India.