Following are the major initiatives taken by the EXIM bank6:
• This bank offers a comprehensive range of funded and non-funded facilities, guarantees, information, and advisory services to support project exports from India.
• It played a vital role in facilitating Indian project exporters to secure contracts in various sectors, including mining, energy, and transportation, in the CIS region.
• The bank also offers information, advisory, and support services to Indian companies participating in projects funded by multilateral agencies such as the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
• To support Indian companies in globalization, EXIM bank provides term loans for equity investment in overseas ventures and lending purposes.
• In the CIS region, Exim bank has supported Indian companies in establishing joint ventures, particularly in sectors like pharmaceuticals (seen in Kazakhstan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan).
• EXIM bank has established Global Procurement Consultants Ltd. (GPCL), a consultancy firm offering procurement-related services to multilateral funding agencies.
• GPCL has successfully completed projects in the CIS region, including countries like Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan.
• EXIM Bank's joint venture, Global Trade Finance Limited (GTF), provides structured foreign trade financing products such as factoring and forfeiting.
• GTF offers factoring facilities to exporters with credit protection cover in CIS member countries like Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Russia, Tajikistan, and Ukraine6.