Under CPT Incoterms 2020, some of the responsibilities of the exporter are:
· Arranging and paying for transportation of goods
from their location to the importer’s specified destination.
· Loading goods onto the shipping vehicle at their location.
· Obtaining and providing all necessary export documentation
, including customs clearance documents.
· Ensuring that the goods are properly packaged for shipment.
· Delivering goods to the first carrier at their location.
· Paying for any terminal handling charges (THC) that may be incurred at the port of departure.
· Ensuring that goods are shipped on time and meet all quality standards agreed upon in the contract.
· Responsible for the risk of loss or damage to the goods until they are delivered to the first carrier.