Shipping costs can have a significant impact on the overall export cost. An exporter who wants to increase sales and profit margins must keep shipping costs in check, especially when selling globally. Here are a few tips to reduce shipping costs when selling globally
• Spending more on production rather than packaging can be effective in reducing shipping cost as you can enhance product’s weight, size and shape.
• It is suggested to opt for a regional shipping carrier as they usually offer lower shipping rates.
• Online logistics is hassle-free and efficient.
• Automating shipping operations can help focus on other aspects of export business.
• Using own brand packaging can help build brand awareness. However, this might be relatively expensive.
• Buying shipping labels in advance and in bulk is can also help reduce shipping costs.
Since shipping is a crucial part of overall export procedure, exporters must calculate their shipping costs and plan accordingly. They should look for ways to reduce this cost so they can maintain their desired profit margins and grow their businesses.