Some of the following details need to be provided while filling a Master Bill of Lading2
• Details about the shipper or Non-Vessel Owning Common Carrier (NVOCC) such as business name, address and contact information.
• Details about the consignee including business name, address, contact information and any tax ID numbers as required.
• Notify party specifics such as business name, address and contact information.
• If a forwarder is utilized, business name, address, contact information and FMC number need to be added.
• Booking number issued by the carrier and any internal reference numbers for the shipper, consignee, or cargo.
• Name of the vessel and the voyage reference number.
• Loading and discharging ports
• Container and seal numbers
• Piece count, package type, and commodity description are shown next to the container it pertains to.
• Weight and volume adjacent to the container to which it applies
• Total component count, weight, and volume for all containers in the cargo AES/ITN number,
• HS Code
, payment terms
(Freight Prepaid, Collect, DTHC Prepaid, etc.), BL Release Type (Express, OBLs printed at origin or destination, etc.)