Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is the digital equivalent of physical or paper certificate. This type of certificate is being adopted by various government institutions and industries like manufacturing, healthcare and financial services, among others, making it a statutory requirement in various applications. Using this certificate, you can prove your identity to access information and services on the internet or to sign certain documents digitally.
What is a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?
Issued by the Certificate Authority (CA), this document contains the public key for a digital signature and mentions all the identities associated with the key including the name of the organization. It also provides you with high level of security for your online transactions, ensuring that you have the privacy of information exchanged using a Digital Signature Certificate1.
Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for DGFT
Organizations can prevent themselves from fraudulent activities by filing bills of entry using a Digital Signature Certificate. A Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate is essential for any organization seeking an import or export license, registered in the name of one representatives of the business. These applications are submitted by their representative or by signatory authority on behalf of their respective organizations. Every Export-Import (EXIM) organization and business must have a Digital Signature Certificate for transactions related to the DGFT
website like IEC and other benefits. The DGFT portal recognizes the registered DSCs, thus, making all the documents signed using a DSC similar to that of the physically signed papers2
Documents required for obtaining Digital Signature Certificate for DGFT
• Aadhar card
• Address proof
• Copy of IEC
• Copy of business registration certificate
• Bank statement of last three months
• Copy of Partnership deed containing list of Partners/Authorization Letter (in case of partnership firm)
• Copy of organization incorporation certificate
How to register Digital Certificate Signature on DGFT?
1. Visit the DGFT website and login using your credentials.
2. On the main menu, click on My Dashboard and then, go to View and Register Digital Signature Token.
3. Read the information section on the page and install required drivers from USB token and eMudhra utility from eMudhra website as a one-time setup.
4. Click on Register New DSC button and the Digital signature window will open in a pop-up.
5. Select provider list, certificate list and enter ertificate password. Click on the Register button.
6. The system will authenticate the token based on the details available. Registered details will be displayed.
Importance & uses of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) in DGFT
• DSC is used in import-export transactions on the DGFT website.
• A Digital Signature Certificate authenticates your identity electronically.
• It provides high level of transaction security, giving you privacy of information exchanged using the certificate.
• You can use DSC to encrypt information that only the recipient can read.
• You can digitally sign information to assure the recipient and also can verify your identity as the sender of the message.
• DSC is also used for web forms, e-taxing, e-tendering documents, filing income tax returns and getting access to a few membership-based websites.
DGFT also offers various certificates like IEC and other licenses that are important for MSMEs interested to export from India. Obtaining these export documents and meeting the required regulations is one of the first steps in the export process. Today, with growing internet penetration and technological advancements, many Indian sellers and exporters are opting to sell internationally using e-commerce exports program.
Easy exports with e-commerce: Amazon
Amazon Global Selling
is an effective and simple way to start and build your export business from India and expand across 18+ international marketplaces. Whether you are a manufacturer, seller or a startup, Amazon Global Selling enables you to take your products across the world and reach millions of international customers without setting up physical offices or warehouses outside India. The more the customers view your product, the higher are the chances of your sales.
Published on May 17, 2022.
Disclaimer: Whilst Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon") has used reasonable endeavours in compiling the information provided, Amazon provides no assurance as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness or that such information is error-free. In certain cases, the blog is provided by a third-party seller and is made available on an "as-is" basis. Amazon hereby disclaims any and all liability and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for consequences resulting from use of such information. Information provided may be changed or updated at any time, without any prior notice. You agree to use the information, at your own risk and expressly waive any and all claims, rights of action and/or remedies (under law or otherwise) that you may have against Amazon arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. Any copying, redistribution or republication of the information, or any portion thereof, without prior written consent of Amazon is strictly prohibited.
*Map not to scale. The map has been used for design and representational purpose only, it does not depict the geographical boundaries of the country. These do not conform to the external boundaries of India recognized by the Survey of India.