The Certificate of Origin can be obtained from the office of the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC). Along with the above-mentioned documents, the stamp paper, duly filled Certificate of Origin form and cover letter need to be submitted in the name of the company or establishment.
To provide a seamless experience for exporters, DGFT
also provides COO on its website. After registering on the COO portal of DGFT, you can follow the steps below to apply for the certificate3
1. Click on Online Exporter Register & Login option under online services.
2. Log in using your username (IEC).
3. Click on Apply for Certificate of Origin under the main menu.
4. Click on Online Application for Certificate or Origin CoO/Scheme icon on the dashboard.
5. Fill the required details like invoice number, product details and trade agreement. Click on Save and add more button.
6. Enter product description.
7. Click on ‘Please check & confirm that you have added export products details for this certificate.’
8. Upload necessary documents that have been signed digitally.
9. Fill the required information in Declaration summary and confirm.
10. Check all the details, save and submit.
11. Once submitted, you will be required to make a payment. Post payment, click on List of Submitted Applications in the main menu for a list of all the applications successfully paid for and submitted.
The document exists in traditional and digital format and is approved by the customs authority or the Indian Chambers of Commerce. Once you have obtained the necessary documents required to ship your products, you can register and export via e-commerce.