An exporter can apply for and obtain a Let Export Order online. Below are the steps to obtain a LEO from the customs department2
1. The exporter must prepare a commercial invoice
and packing list
and submit it with an SDF Declaration.
2. The respective CHA or exporter files shipping documents and shipping bills online on the customs portal – ICEGATE
. The centralized customs software automatically generates the shipping bill .
3. Post this, cargo is moved to the location where it needs to be shipped from – this could be an airport, seaport or Container Freight Station (CFS).
4. Once the cargo is unloaded, exporter or CHA must register online for the inspection of goods.
5. A customs officer checks the goods and ensures that all formalities have been completed. Post this, an online inspection report is sent to authorities for approval. An appraiser checks the value of goods that are being exported.
6. After the inspection and valuation are completed, an online report is uploaded. Basis that, a Let Export Order is issued.