· Price: The cost of the products being sold.
· Description: A detailed description of the goods being sold, including the six-digit Harmonized System
or Schedule B number.
· Delivery terms: The delivery terms are expressed as one of the Incoterms
· Payment terms: The payment terms for the goods.
· Delivery details: Where the goods will originate and where they will be delivered.
· Expiration date: The date by which the buyer must respond to the proforma invoice.
For international transactions, a proforma invoice often includes more detailed information:
· Exporter and importer’s names and addresses
· Importer’s reference number and date of inquiry
· List of requested products and a brief description
· Price of each product in the US dollars
· Delivery point
· Terms of sale
· Terms of payment
· Insurance and shipping costs
· Validity period for a quotation
· Total charges to be paid by the customer
· Estimated shipping date from a port or airport
· Currency of sale