An Export General Manifest is filed and issued based on the Export Manifest (Vessels) Regulations, 1976 and Export Manifest (Aircraft) Regulations, 1976. These regulations consist of the following four EGM forms3:
1. Form I: This includes the general declaration.
2. Form II: This form contains the passenger manifest.
3. Form III: In the case of vessels, this form contains a list of private property in possession of the master, officers and crew of the ship. In the case of an aircraft, this form provides the cargo manifest.
4. Form IV: The fourth form provides the list of private property of the captain and crew, in the case of an aircraft shipment.
Some of the details included in a cargo mangiest are:
• Port of destination, vessel name, captain’s name
• Description of goods, number and marks on packages
• Consignor and consignee particulars
• Shipping bill number
• Lighthouse certificate and port dues receipt numbers
Below are some of the details included in the private properties form:
• Particulars of the vessel, arrival from and departure to, total number of crew
• Name and designation of crew
• Particulars of currency, and traveler’s cheques
The passenger manifest form contains the following information:
• General particulars like name of the vessel, rotation number, name of the captain, agents, arrival from and date of arrival
• Vessel’s currency upon arrival and the amount that is taken on board
• Particulars of dangerous drugs, wireless apparatus on board
Filing and presenting an Export General Manifest is important to validate export, in compliance with the Customs Act (1962). Along with this, a few other mandatory documents are required at different stages of exporting from India like IEC, AD code, Importer of Record (IoR), etc.
Amazon Global Selling, an e-commerce exports program, not just provides you with easy access to reach millions of customers without setting up a physical store or warehouse, but it also supports you in obtaining export documentation and licenses
. For aspiring entrepreneurs and growing businesses, e-commerce exports can be a profitable model for global expansion and increased revenue. With the right understanding and information, the process can be easy and simple.