HAPCUS – A Seller on Amazon: Maintaining Safe Work Practices amid COVID-19
We all know that these are difficult times. Things are not how they used to be due to the Coronavirus outbreak and the consequent nationwide lockdown. Especially doing business is not the same currently. But we learn to adapt to every situation that comes our way. And this time, it’s about moulding our lifestyle and routine around social distancing.
Unfortunately, we could not make deliveries during the lockdown period. But now we are glad to inform you that HAPCUS has resumed operations from 4th May 2020, post lockdown. Although the lockdown has been eased, the danger of the virus and its spread has not. Good health and the safety of our employees is of utmost priority to us. So, before recommencing any business activity we have put in place certain procedures to ensure thorough screening of people entering the building. We have issued certain guidelines for maintaining hygiene and social distancing at the workplace for smooth functioning.
Here’s how we are following proper hygiene at the office building:
Our Hygiene Practices
● Building sanitization - Our office building has been completely sanitized and cleaned to ensure the safety of all entrants.
● 30% Workforce - We are currently operating at less than 30% workforce within the office to ensure social distancing.
● Maintaining social distance - We have areas marked in the office and fulfilment centre for maintaining a distance of 6-8 feet among people and have put necessary measures in place to ensure the same.
● Essential staff only - To further strengthen precautionary measures, only the essential staff is working from the office currently and the rest have been advised to work from home.
● Proper cleanliness - Special care has been taken to ensure that common areas are cleaned regularly with disinfectants.
● Sanitizers - Sanitizers are placed in common areas and inside the office for easy access.
● Staff education - Our staff have been educated on safe work practices and hand hygiene.
● Man and goods movement flow - We have also restricted entry of any courier partner into the building and have created a shipment area for ready to dispatch material outside the premises.
● Screening for entry - Barring employees, visitors are allowed inside only when absolutely necessary. All employees and visitors are allowed to enter the premises post thorough screening.
That brings us to our screening process. We have set a proper screening process in place for those entering the premises. The process follows standard screening guidelines for COVID-19 to ensure maximum safety to all the personnel working here.
Our Screening Process
● The body temperature is measured using an infrared non-contact digital thermometer. If the temperature is more than 98.6°F, then the person is denied entry into the building premises, and the management is also informed about the same.
● It is mandatory to wear a face mask and sanitize hands before entering the premises.
● All entries are logged and all entrants including employees have to sign a self-declaration.
At HAPCUS, we believe that as trade partners, it is important to share details of the measures we are taking at the workplace to create awareness among all. We are adhering to Government guidelines to ensure maximum safety. Our work timing starts at 9:30 AM and the cut-off time for all dispatches is 6 PM, post which no product will be dispatched until further notice.
Our first priority is the safety of our employees, and as a responsible company, we will keep taking these necessary steps to ensure good work hygiene at the workplace.
Team HAPCUS welcomes suggestions and best practices in order to make our workplace safer.
Director - HMB Commercial Private Limited , Hapcus
Amazon Seller - Part of the Amazon Saathi
Seller Mentorship Program
Disclaimer: Whilst Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon") has used reasonable endeavours in compiling the information provided, Amazon provides no assurance as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness or that such information is error-free. In certain cases, the blog is provided by a third-party seller and is made available on an "as-is" basis. Amazon hereby disclaims any and all liability and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for consequences resulting from use of such information. Information provided may be changed or updated at any time, without any prior notice. You agree to use the information, at your own risk and expressly waive any and all claims, rights of action and/or remedies (under law or otherwise) that you may have against Amazon arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. Any copying, redistribution or republication of the information, or any portion thereof, without prior written consent of Amazon is strictly prohibited.