So many advantages of ecommerce – no wonder ecommerce marketplaces are the best for selling online. Such sites offer you a number of services, tools, options. Have some questions on selling online? Here are some FAQ's on ecommerce and the wonderful world of online selling that we made just for you.
A) How do I choose an Ecommerce marketplace that’s right for me?
Before getting started with selling online via an Ecommerce marketplace, check to see what’s available
. Next, consider this list of fundamental merits of ecommerce to make an easier and suitable choice.
• Consider what kind of product you are selling – Some marketplace are specific to clothes, appliances and consumer electronics.
• Go through all of the tools made for the sellers – Things like product listing creation, inventory tracking, customer feedbacks etc.
• Go through all of the tools made for the customers – is the marketplace user friendly enabling buyers to search for items easily, payment gateways, social media linking etc.
B) How to become an ecommerce seller?
There are some ecommerce essentials you need. One has to register on the marketplace. You can have to create an account and submit documents as required. Only then can you upload your product and begin selling.
• Check to see if the ecommerce marketplace has features like ‘Seller Registration’ / ‘Interested In Selling’ / ‘Sell With Us’ / ‘Register Your Brand’.
• Click on this and begin creating your account.
• You might have to submit certain license, ID proofs and cash transfer proofs like your PAN.
• After this you are usually taken to a product listing page – this is where you upload what you are selling.
C) How do I sell on an ecommerce marketplace? There are several simple ways to make use of the merits of ecommerce. You begin with a registration and list out your product list - this is the first part. The next part is planning out your sales to make your item interesting. This can be adding on attractive discounts, coupons to encourage the customer to buy.
• Create your item listing using the given advertising tools on your dashboard.
• Add some terms, conditions, warnings, and promotional offers with your items.
• Explain return policies, payment options, availability as required.
D) What are the top benefits for me?
When you sell on ecommerce marketplace you have lots to gain from. You have more customers, greater control, easier inventory management, easier returns and delivery systems. There are even ways to offer benefits to your buyers.
• You can set up your choice of payment modes.
• You can set up your choice of delivery methods.
• Select how customers can reach you or send in enquiries.
• You simply have to upload required IDs, licenses, product information.
E) Are there any barriers to selling on an ecommerce marketplace?
Barriers to entry are very low and minimal investment is required to get started on ecommerce business. Seller registration, setting up your store is an easy process. Such marketplaces expose you to millions of potential customers. You can start selling quickly..Join Amazon
- one the biggest online marketplaces now and begin leveraging services to start, customise and change your ecommerce business forever.